Modest fashion hitting mainstream designer stores

15:32

D&G Launch hijab and abaya range


So as many of you may have heard, Italian designer label D&G have launched a hijab and abaya range. My initial opinion was, wow this is great- this will encourage more women to dress modestly and will also help the western world to become more accepting of modest dressing. I stick by this opinion, it is great to see the likes of Mango, DKNY, Uni Qlo and now D&G embracing dressing modestly.

I personally will not be going out and buying anything from this collection simply because i would not want to fork out £££s for abayas from D&G when i could get something just as nice, if not nicer from places like INAYAH and AAB. I prefer their styles, and think they look a lot better and cost a fraction of the price. i think this range will attract rich Arabs who are happy to spend this much on clothing just for the name. I'm not to keen on the designs they have launched, and nothing stood out to me enough to spend those extra pounds. 

Out of all the designs i found the black floral hijab most appealing, and the cream abaya with black lace. See images below.




I'll keep this post short and sweet! This is not a review of the range as i haven't purchased it to be able to give a review, it is just my initial thoughts! My opinion is; yes it's great to see how mainstream designers are now embracing the abaya,hijab and generally modest clothing. It is very encouraging and i hope this will help the western world see the beauty of hijab. However, i don't think it will appeal to the every day Muslimah due to the huge price tag.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

A Muslimah's Word

Total Pageviews