Let's go and try a 'Proper Burger'

15:31

Saturday night dinner

Proper burgers, Lea Bridge Road, Leyton.

So today we spontaneously decided to eat out at Proper Burgers in Leyton. I've driven past this place many times and have always wanted to try it, so when my aunt mentioned she was going i decided to tag along. I wasn't doing much else so thought this would be a great chance to try something new and local.

As we walked into the restaurant the first thing that stood out to me was the 80's theme, walls tiled with cassettes and a mural of the underground. My first impressions e 'wow this is different!' We were seated right away and given a menu to order. The place seemed quite buzzing and busy which is always a good sign. 




I really liked the quirky post it notes on the table about their recommendations for the day



What i ordered 

Once we sat down we looked at the menu, which had various burgers with interesting names such as 'Stinky Joe' which was a double beef burger with gherkins, cheese tomatos and sauerkraut. I opted for the 'Brieberry' which was a grilled chicken steak in a brioche styled bread bun, as the name suggests the burger contained brie. This is somewhat different to what i am used to in a burger, but i loved it. I like the way the cheeses other then the usual cheddar as used in this restaurant- it makes it unique as compared  to your standard burger. I ordered mash potato (which was actually my favourite part of the meal) it was nice and fluffy and contained spring onions in it. This definitely got the thumbs up from me 👍



I always like to have a nice mocktail with my meal so i was very pleased to see they had this on the menu. I went for a 'proper cosmo' which was a mixture of passion fruit, lime and cranberry juice. It tasted good, but not as good as my usual fav which is a 'strawberry mojito' or a 'strawberry dacquiri'. 


Overall opinion

The food was good, well cooked and presented nicely. The only thing i would say here is it took a while to be served to us and we did need to give them a nudge to speed it up. However, baring in mind it was a Saturday night and it was busy i can't complain as this is to be expected.  Other then this the service was great, and staff were very friendly, hospitable and polite. Great customer service!

Would i recommend it to others

If you fancy a burger then yes i would recommend this place to you, they have some nice milkshakes and deserts too so could be a place to grab a desert aswell as some food. 

Cost £

I think for a local burger bar some people may find this a little over priced, but the fact the burgers are somewhat different to your usual burger i think the price was quite reasonable.  I paid £14.95 for my meal, but didnt have a desert.  So all in all, not a bad price!

Good points:
Interesting decor
Great customer service
Tasty burgers
Burgers on a different level to your standard burger

Would i go back again? Yes, i certainly would. Next time i will definitely be saving some space in my tummy for some desert.

Try it out, and let me know your views.





You Might Also Like

0 comments

A Muslimah's Word

Total Pageviews